Setting up an e-mail account using Palm Treo Smartphones
Grapevine does not provide any support for the configuration of internet services on mobile devices.
You can send and receive email messages with an email account that you have with an Internet service provider (ISP), an email account that you access using a VPN server connection (such as a work account), or any other IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) or POP3 email account. If you have problems configuring your account, go to www.palm.com/emailsetup for more information.
||Go to your Today screen and press Messaging (left action key).
||Press Menu (right action key) and select Tools > New Account.
||Enter the email address that you want to set up, and then press Next (right action key).
||Wait until the Status box displays Completed, and then press Next (right action key).
- Enter your name, username, and password.
- If you want your password entered automatically, check this box. If you want to enter your password each time you access this account, do not check the Save password box.
- Press Next (right action key).
- Select the Account type list, and then select POP3 or IMAP.
- Enter a name for this account, and then press Next (right action key). For example, if this is your work email account, enter “Work” or your company’s name.
||Enter the name of the Incoming mail and Outgoing mail servers. Do not enter anything in Domain. It is not needed for POP3 or IMAP accounts.
||Select Options to set this account’s download options then select Next.
||Check the box "Outgoing mail requires authentication" then select Next.
||Press Finish (right action key).
You have successfully set up your email on Grapevine.
NOTE: To delete an email account, press Menu and select Tools > Options. Highlight the account you want to delete. Press and hold Center on the 5-way, and then select Delete.